Restoring the Sacred

Monday, May 2, 2011

No Mercy for Evil on Divine Mercy Sunday


On the second Sunday of Easter, 2000, Pope John Paul II declared “from now on throughout the Church this Sunday will be called Divine Mercy Sunday.”

As we all know from the previous post, Pope John Paul II was Beatified yesterday on Divine Mercy Sunday, but something else of note also took place on the celebration of the Feast yesterday: a great evil was stamped out. Usama bin Laden was dispatched to hell (via the Indian Ocean) by a team of Navy SEALS.

The Image of The Divine Mercy was revealed to Saint Faustina Kowalska when Jesus appeared to her, on February 22, 1931:

The earliest element of the Devotion to the Divine Mercy revealed to St. Faustina was the Image. On February 22nd, 1931 Jesus appeared to her with rays radiating from His heart and said,

Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: Jesus I trust in You. I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and throughout the world. (Diary 47)

I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I myself will defend it as My own glory. (Diary 48)



Bookmark and Share