Synod 2015

Synod 2015
"“Non possumus!” I will not accept an obfuscated speech nor a skilfully masked back door to a profanation of the Sacrament of Marriage and Eucharist. Likewise, I will not accept a mockery of the Sixth Commandment of God. I prefer to be ridiculed and persecuted rather than to accept ambiguous texts and insincere methods. I prefer the crystalline “image of Christ the Truth, rather than the image of the fox ornamented with gemstones” (Saint Irenaeus), for “I know whom I have believed”, “Scio, Cui credidi!” (2 Tim 1: 12). (Bishop Athanasius Schneider on Synod 2015)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Islamization of Turkey III

Caroline Glick, Israel's Iron Lady, points out how Turkey is once again trying to ingratiate herself with the Islamic world. Prime Minister Erdogan has practically neutered the military that has, since the days of Ataturk, been charged with maintaining the secular government of the country, and he continues to move the country closer and closer to an Islamic Republic. That's bad news for our closest ally in that part of the world, and bad news for us.

Listen to Turkey's latest unprovoked attempt to embarrass the Israelis for no apparent reason:

"Monday morning Turkey took its anti-Israel campaign to a new level. Beyond downgrading diplomatic relations with Israel; beyond suspending military agreements; beyond threatening naval war; beyond threatening to foment an irredentist insurrection of Israeli Arabs; the Turks decided to terrorize Israeli tourists landing in Istanbul airport.

"Forty Israeli passengers, mainly businessmen who had landed in Istanbul on a Turkish Airlines flight from Tel Aviv, were separated from the rest of the flight passengers. Their passports were confiscated.

"They were placed in interrogation rooms and stripped down to their underwear. Their carry-on bags were checked. And then they were lined up against a wall, forbidden to sit down or use the washroom.

"Passengers who contacted the Foreign Ministry said they felt frightened and intimidated.

"The ordeal went on for 90 minutes, until Turkish authorities returned their Israeli passports and permitted them to pick up their suitcases and exit the airport."

Click the link below to read the entire article.

For previous posts on this subject go HERE and HERE.

AddThis Button BEGIN -->
Bookmark and Share