Restoring the Sacred

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tony Bennett is Banned!



This past Sunday, Tony Bennett was featured here with Diana Krall singing a duet. Then, he went on Howard Stern's show to promote his new album, and the above video is self-explanatory as to why his Sundays are for Beauty posting has been taken down.

He later (probably in an effort to salvage album sales) issued a typical Liberal non-apology:

The singer, who was promoting his new album "Duets II," has since posted a statement to clarify the comments he made on Stern's show, and to apologize if they were misconstrued.

"I am so grateful to be an American and as a World War II veteran, I was proud to fight to protect our values, which have made America the greatest country on the planet," the 85-year-old singer says in the statement.

"There is simply no excuse for terrorism and the murder of the nearly 3,000 innocent victims of the 9/11 attacks on our country," the statement continues. "My life experiences -ranging from the Battle of the Bulge to marching with Martin Luther King – made me a life-long humanist and pacifist, and reinforced my belief that violence begets violence and that war is the lowest form of human behavior. I am sorry if my statements suggested anything other than an expression of my love for my country, my hope for humanity and my desire for peace throughout the world."

H/T: josiere

Bookmark and Share