Restoring the Sacred

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Calderon: Another Non-Reader



That's Mexican President Felipe Calderon displaying his ignorance of Arizona's Immigration Law much as did our attorney general and our secretary of homeland security recently. When one is wedded ideologically to an agenda, it is simply not necessary to be acquainted with facts. Such a one can just make them up to suit the agenda. These three public figures had no problem criticizing the new law even though they had not read it. Both Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano have admitted they hadn't read it before speaking out loudly, and Calderon either didn't read it or he's a god enough liar to become part of our current administration.

Here's a great letter that has appeared elsewhere on the Internet that a lot of us wish we had written.

♣ Letter to Obama, Moving to Mexico
Submitted by InnerG on Sat, 09/19/2009 - 08:57
in Current Events
[Contributor: Daniel W., Phoenix Director: Minuteman Civil Defense Corps]

Moving to Mexico

Dear Mr. President , U. S. Senate and Congress:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my husband's health, and I would like to ask you to assist me. We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico , and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.
We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:
1. Free medical care for my entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
3. All Mexico government forms, printed in Spanish, need to also be printed in English.
4. I want my kids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put U S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.
13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say a critical thing about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who come to the U.S. from Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.
Sincerely,
U.S. Citizen & Taxpayer

As you probably know, President Calderon is visiting us at the moment, and today at The White House he and our president made a joint appearance, which the White House probably will call a press conference even though no respectable member of the press would label it that, since they were not permitted to ask many questions. Here's President Obama in a short clip from earlier today (click at bottom right to listen).



Got it! Since we're not defined by borders, why build a fence?


H/T: jwrenn
Bookmark and Share