Restoring the Sacred

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Anthony Esolen: The Faithlessness of Public Education


Professor Anthony Esolen wrote today at Crisis Magazine.

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2018/faithlessness-public-education?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CrisisMagazine+%28Crisis+Magazine%29

I got a lot of searching and troubling answers to that question, and these persuaded me that, for all my suspicion of our large public institutions supposedly devoted to education, I had not come close to grasping how inhuman and soul-destroying they have become. They are places of neither faith, nor hope, nor love. Of course you do not seek faith, hope, and love at a shopping mall or those other places I have mentioned. But what if school, by its very nature, ought to be such a place?