Restoring the Sacred

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

FR. Hunwicke on The Benedict Letter




15 March 2018
Don't miss ...  
... the story all over the internet about how PF's spin-doctors gave the waiting world a deliberately mutilated and falsified letter of Benedict XVI. Just don't miss it!
This episode provides a hilarious, immensely funny insight into the minds of the cheap crooks who surround PF, and how far they are prepared to go to manufacture their Fake News. You couldn't .... as we say .... make it up! It epitomises the superbly corrupt and deliciously sleazy atmosphere of the Renaissance Court which sprawls at the luxurious top of the Santa Marta. 
Happily, the full text did emerge. GOTCHA! And it provides agreeable evidence that Ratzinger's old, deft, feline wit has not deserted the dear old man. Briefly summarised by me, his Letter says (and I've put into square brackets the section the spin-doctors didn't want you to see):
"Thank you for inviting me to write a page about the little books you sent me. I think they are splendid little books about my splendid successor. [Sadly, however, I haven't read them and I don't intend to do so. And I never comment on books I haven't read, so I won't be sending you a page.]" 
This pontificate simply gets better and better! Keep engaged and make sure you never miss a laugh!  
Posted by Fr John Hunwicke at 00:18