Restoring the Sacred

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Abby Sunderland: Sailing Solo Around the World




That's Abby Sunderland and her boat up there. The below is from her website. She's the 16 year old girl who right now is sailing solo around the world in a 40' sailboat named "Wild Eyes." She set out from Del Rey Yacht Club in Marina Del Rey, California, on January 23, 2010, and today (April 8, 2010) she is about 275 miles Northeast of the Falklands Islands. She passed Cape Horn, the most treacherous part of the trip, on Day 68 (March 31, 2010).

Welcome to AbbySunderland.com
My name is Abigail "Abby" Sunderland and it is my dream to sail around the world. I’ve been around the water and on boats since I was 6 months old. I began single-handing when I was 13. I had this idea several years ago, even before my brother, Zac Sunderland. But watching him do it in 2009 made me realize my dream could come true with lots of hard work, support and perseverance. In January 2010, I set sail around the world on "Wild Eyes", an Open 40 racing sailboat. I am attempting to become the world's youngest solo circumnavigator! This will be quite the adventure! I invite you to follow my journey as I will be posting pictures and videos, blogging as much as I can and keeping you updated on my location. I am amazed at all of the support I am getting from all over the world. Thank you to my family, friends, supporters, sponsors and Team Abby. Without all of you, this would all be just a dream.- Love, Abby

Here's a link to Abby's website; it's terrific!.
http://www.abbysunderland.com/


Abby's Blog is now listed under My BLog List on the right side of this Blog. You can follow her day to day progress as she attempts to become the youngest solo circumnavigator ever.

H/T: Btaylor



(To send this post to a friend, click on the below SHARE button, click E-Mail, type the address, and click SEND.)

Bookmark and Share